For centuries, people have known about the healing characteristics of laughter. Recent scientific studies now confirm the old adage that “laughter is the best medicine”. Laughter helps all systems of the body- the respiratory system, the circulatory and nervous systems, and the endoctrine and immune systems.
- Boosts the immune system
- Decreases blood pressure
- Relieves muscular tension and emotional and mental stress
- Helps with pain management
- Provides aerobic exercise for the whole body
- Improves breathing
- Stimulates digestion and internal organs
- Oxygenates blood and brain making one feel alert and energetic
“Laughter takes you from moping to coping to hoping.”
Dr. Joel Good man,
Laughter helps lift the spirit and inspires optimism and hope. It diffuses negative emotions and opens us up to joy and hope.
On a social level, laughter helps dispel lonliness and alienation. It breaks the ice, makes people feel at ease with each other, and improves communication.